Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

My First Week of Yoga

My favorite pose right now is Mountain.  I really enjoy it because I can do this pose anywhere and not feel awkward about people watching me because it looks just like I'm standing.  I've tried doing this pose while standing around and found that I really did feel taller and my shoulders didn't ache as much.  My shoulders tend to ache, so I'm glad I have found a pose that helps ease the pain.  I feel that all the poses have really opened up my chest and helped my breathing.  Dr. Schultz asked us to notice how we stand normally.  I find that I shift most of my weight onto my right side whether it's when I'm standing or sitting.  I need to make a greater effort to balance my weight.  I also find that my shoulders usually slump down and forward.  I should try to stand a bit taller and push my shoulders back.  I have really bad posture, so I hope to use the yoga poses to improve my posture.  This is such a great start to yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment