Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How Yoga Works (Chapters 1 - 16)

I've really enjoyed reading this book because it's actually an easy and quick read.  It really simplifies the sutras.  I know I'm supposed to be a college student that is able to do critical reading, but sometimes it's nice to read a book that spells everything out.  I definitely can relate to the captain in that I began very hesitant about yoga.  I wasn't sure what yoga could do for me and if I would be any good at it.  However, I'm learning that yoga has really improved how I feel even if we only have had three classes.  I am interested in how the book continues to incorporate the sutras into the story and to learn more about practicing yoga through this book.

2 comments:

  1. "I'm learning that yoga has really improved how I feel even if we only have had three classes."

    Right?? I've been so shocked and amazed how different I feel after only being in the class for two weeks. Especially on Tuesday after class, I felt like a rockstar. I was singing yoga praises for the rest of the day. I've also been surprised at how often I tend to practice little things, even without thinking about it (like laying my shoulder blades back, tree pose, etc.)

    I'm excited to see what will happen as the semester progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuesday we did downward facing dog with the straps right? If it was, I felt so amazing after that. I just felt so light the whole time after class. It definitely made me more upbeat!

    ReplyDelete