Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Football Game: TCU vs. Baylor

Yesterday I went to the TCU vs. Baylor football game.  As I was standing in the bleachers, I thought about yoga and my posture.  I attempted to make my toes like leaves and push my shoulder blades back; sometimes I even went into mountain pose.  It felt really good to be in mountain pose because my shoulders were aching from being pushed forward.  I normally wear a shoulder bag, but the shoulder bag seems to pull my shoulders forward.  Maybe I should consider not wearing a shoulder bag?  Or maybe I should do a better job of pushing my shoulders back?

Mountain pose is definitely my favorite pose because it brings so much relief to my shoulders and because I can do the pose just about anywhere without people noticing.  I'll try to stand in mountain pose as often as possible and hopefully my body will make shoulders back/toes like leaves/straightening up a more natural position.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I so agree on the mountain pose being the favorite pose as well! It does feel great on the shoulders and back. I also like it because you can do it wherever without people noticing. I just posted in my blog about doing the mountain pose in Panera Bread! Much more subtle than the tree pose that's for sure. Keep up the good work Melissa! Your posture will improve, no doubt with all your effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were not the only student doing yoga at the football game.

    ReplyDelete