Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Reflection on How Yoga Works

I really enjoyed reading How Yoga Works, for the book explained all the sutras very well.  By the end of the book, I realized that I had learned a great deal about my way of thinking.  One of the things that stuck out to me was Ms. Friday explaining that many individuals become unhappy when they see other people happy while they become happy at other individual's misfortunes.  In all honesty, I can kind of relate to this...I wish I wasn't able to admit that.  I really hate that sometimes I am selfish and become sad whenever other people have happy news and I don't.  For example, my friend became coordinator of a retreat last year; I actually wanted to become coordinator of that retreat.  I knew that she was the right person for the job, but I still struggled with not being coordinator.  The funny thing is that I voted for her to be chosen as coordinator knowing that I also wanted the position.  I sometimes still struggle with not being coordinator, but I have accepted that God was calling her to this job.  The way that she has executed all her duties and the love that she has for this retreat shows that she is the perfect person for position.  I really would like to work on my self-centeredness.  I want to be as genuine as possible.  I want to be happy when other people are happy and to feel sad whenever other people are sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment