Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Standing Poses

Today I did some standing poses.  I did mountain pose, warrior pose II, chair pose, and eagle pose.  Mountain pose is definitely my favorite standing pose since I can do this pose practically anywhere and I really think it relieves all my shoulder aches.  Warrior pose II is a pretty hard pose, for I wasn't sure how far apart my legs should have been or what it was supposed to feel like.  When I was doing warrior pose II, it was very hard to stay in that position; my legs wanted to give out after a few breaths.  With chair pose, I wasn't sure if I was "sitting" correctly.  I have noticed that I have forgotten many of the small details for each pose.  Lastly, I did the eagle pose.  I think the eagle pose is one of the more awkward poses we've done; maybe I'm the only one that thinks so.  I guess I think it is awkward because I feel so twisted in the eagle pose.  Both my arms and legs are wrapped around each other.

1 comment:

  1. generally speaking for the wide leg apart poses, you should be about the distance of one of your own legs apart. Good observation about tadasana and shoulder pain.

    ReplyDelete