Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Using Yoga To Find Calmness

This morning I woke up and did some yoga.  Maybe I should try to do yoga every morning.  I actually did yoga this morning because I was not feeling well emotionally.  Lately I have been getting antsy frequently.  I thought maybe yoga would help me become a bit calmer.  It really did help.  It made me feel like I was coming into a happier place; all I had to focus on was yoga.

During my yoga practice, I did downward facing dog amongst other yoga poses.  I felt that I was not doing downward facing dog very well; in class we have been doing other poses before doing downward facing dog to help make it easier getting into this particular pose.  It is a lot more difficult to do the pose right out of the bat.

Is there a certain sequence of poses we should do?  Should we be doing standing poses before doing sitting poses?  I was just doing whatever poses came to mind.  Sometimes I worry that I might be practicing the poses wrongly and will become accustomed to the wrong poses.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is more important to get a practice going particularly at first. You can't improve what you don't have established.

    In terms of order there are lots to follow. It is fine to start with AMS.

    Generally, you can follow the sequences that we do in class.

    I'll give some more guidelines in class. thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete