Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2011

Headstand & Shoulderstand

It was pretty funny when I turned around before class began Tuesday and saw Dr. Schultz in a head stand only because I was totally not expecting it.  I hope to one day be able to do a head stand not up against a wall.  Doing the shoulder stands and head stands in class were really fun.  I loved that everyone in our class at least did the head stand once with or without help.  I am not brave enough yet to do the head stand all by myself because I keep overthinking and analyzing.  Kelsey kept telling me to stop thinking and just kick my legs up.  During my yoga practice, I still haven't done the head stand at home because I do not think I can do it.  Maybe I should just try though and see what happens.  In addition, I feel too embarrassed to ask somebody at home to help put my legs up the wall, so that's another reason I have not practiced head stands.  I did practice the shoulder stand at home though.  In class, I was told to move my hips forward during the shoulder stand because my butt was too far back.  When I did that, I toppled over...not my proudest moment.  When I practiced the shoulder stand at home, I was not sure whether I was really moving my hips anymore forward than I was in class.  I want to ask somebody to watch as I do the shoulder stand and correct me, but once again I am too self-conscious to ask.  The shoulder stands and head stands are lots of fun though.  They feel like great accomplishments when I do them.

1 comment: