Search This Blog

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Love and Hate Relationship with Inversions

I am so glad that we will be practicing inversions at every class.  I definitely need more work on these and would definitely benefit from corrections.  Practicing inversions at home have proved fruitful.  I am using the wall in my living room rather than in my room since I do not want my neighbors to hear thudding as I kick up onto the wall.

Headstands have become easier in two aspects.  1) I can kick myself up alot easier now.  That makes me more confident in my abilities.  One thing I discovered that helps me get into headstand is being a few inches from the wall, so I won't automatically fall back if I kick off too hard.  Usually pushing too hard when I'm a few inches from the wall is ok because my butt will just rest on the wall.  2) I do not need to rest my feet on the wall anymore.  I can be completely off the wall for a few minutes now.

Shoulderstands are probably the easiest out of the three for me.  However, I still need to work on getting my back more straight.  I feel like my back is pretty curved in shoulderstand.  I think my goal should be to get my hands as high up my back as possible.

Handstands are definitely my least favorite type of inversion.  I just cannot seem to get up the wall.  I still have reservations on whether I can support myself.  Walking up the wall is still hard for me, so I do not know if I can do a full handstand.  That is something I really need to work on.

1 comment:

  1. I often feel like my back is pretty curved in shoulderstand as well; I wish there was some way we could see ourselves doing it...though Morrison 100 isn't really equipped!

    ReplyDelete