Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Crane

I thought crane was a super fun pose even though it was super frustrating.  I could only get both of my feet up for a few seconds and then would fall down.  That's ok though because I could tell my progress even in the few minutes that we practiced this pose.  At the beginning of the practice, I could not even get my feet up, but the adjustments that we made (the block + me actually putting my knees into my arms) helped me get my feet off the floor for a little bit.  Dr. Schultz said that inversions are probably the most frustrating poses because it does not come easily all the time.  They are also the most fun though.  It's an interesting group of poses.  I still cannot do a handstand, but hopefully with enough practice I will one day be able to get my legs all the way up and will be able to support myself.

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree that the crane pose was fun. Not at first, but after the addition of the block (this helped me as well), I was able to get up, even for the sparse couple of seconds. Just that couple times of being up was motivating to keep practicing. I'm still working on getting up on handstand too, so don't worry! I find the full arm balance to be much harder than any of the other inversions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to do crane a few more times recently. I still cannot do it. My friend says that I need to lift some weights and build up my upper body strength. =) I'll work on that. I agree that full arm balance is tough. Hopefully, lifting weights will also help me do full arm balances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, this class has shown me that I can enjoy doing things that I am not good at naturally. It is a strange blend between love and hate sometimes, but always something that seems worthwhile to pursue!

    ReplyDelete